The impact of war on the world
- Primo Levi(Holocaust survivor and a witness).His books like- If this is a man, The Drowned and saved,Truce ,The periodic table are now like literary Canon of that period to understand Holocaust.
- Chil Rajchman and Filip Muller chronicled their experience in TREBLINKA and AUSCHWITZ.
- Tadeusz Borowski wrote one of the Best book of 20th Century, “This way for the gas ladies and gentleman”.This book is heavily influenced and inspired from the time he spent as a political prisoner in AUSCHWITZ.
- Imre Kertesz won nobel prize. “Fatelessness” is his major contribution.
- Vassily Grossman (one of 20th Centuries greatest and most underrated journalist and author).He was the first Allied journalist to visit TREBLINKA. He lost his mother to Nazi death squads. His magnum opus LIFE AND FATE pushed literary horizons and explored the life and fate ordinary SOVIET soldiers. It was heresy in many aspects as humane and ordinary interpretations of soviet soldiers contradicted with Soviet propaganda . His another major contribution is THE BLACK BOOK OF EUROPEAN JEWRY.The book itself has a long complicated history but a definite read to understand fate of Jewish population in Nazi occupied territories.
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was a captain in Soviet army but he was arrested in 1945 and sent to GULAG.His long poem PRUSSIAN NIGHTS chronicled the atrocities and war crimes committed by Red soldiers. “One day in the life of Ivan Denisovitch” a fictionalized story of many true stories and the fate of countless Soviet Soldiers who were wrongly implicated for cowardice or treachery ,that they did not commit fetched him nobel prize.
- Nobel laurates Herta Muller and Patrick Modiano’s work are heavily influenced by and aftermath of WW2.
- John Hersey’s non fiction work “Hiroshima”is a very important journalistic work that gave a humane touch to an overwhelming tragedy.
- Books by Churchill or different memoirs of generals exist in forms of testimony of diraries. Manstein in his “lost victories”tried to make sense of the eastern front. Many memoirs some of them dubious of ordinary soldiers exist.
- Historians like Anthony Beevor,Martin Gilbert,David Glantz and journalist like William L Shirer have significantly enlightened us with their works.
Meet the Owners
From the depths of New York City, Jonathan has over 14 years of experience in men's grooming. Starting out from a small shop in Queens, he grew to a very solid barber.
Experience 14 Years
Clipping Style Straight Razor
Facial Hair Bearded Up
With 19 years of experience grooming distinguished gentlemen, Mikahbrings a level of premium quality to a whole new high. Mikah comes from a family of barbers.
Experience 19 Years
Clipping Style Scissor Cut
Facial Hair Bearded Up
Location & Hours
Experience the ultimate grooming style at Southcorner Barbershop. Our barbers know men's hair, and they know style. We're located in the heart of downtown Orlando, Florida.
1332 West Gore Street
Orlando, FL 33871
MONDAY - SATURDAY
9am - 7pm